26th International Forum for Research into Ice Shelf Processes
The 26th international Forum for Research into Ice Shelf Processes (FRISP) will be held at Utö Värdshus
in the Stockholm Archipelago
, Sweden from 12 - 14 June 2012
. The meeting includes a geological excursion on the island of Utö (half day).
The program is now available here! (updated 10 June 2012). The book of abstracts is available for download as well.
Background information for the excursion is now available here (pdf, 14mb).
Final practical information prior to the conference (bus shuttle, boats, etc) can be downloaded here.
- Deadline registration for accommodation: 29 February 2012
- Deadline abstract submission: 2 April 2012
- Deadline payments: 2 April 2012
- Deadline registration for the geological excursion (free of charge): 2 April 2012
- Notification of abstract acceptance and assignment as talk or poster: 28 April 2012
- Icebreaker: 11 June 2012
- Conference: 12-14 June 2012
Please note that the venue requires early booking of accommodation, as it is located in one of the most popular places in the Stockholm Archipelago.
The conference comprises 3 days and welcomes presentations (oral and posters) on all aspects of ice shelf research and ice-ocean interaction, in both hemispheres
, including, but not limited to:
- Formation, flow and disintegration of ice shelves;
- Response of ice shelves and tidewater glaciers to past, present and future climate variability;
- Surface and basal mass balance of ice shelves;
- Ice-ocean interaction at the calving front of ice shelves and tidewater glaciers;
- Mass transport across the grounding line;
- Ocean circulation and water mass transformation beneath ice shelves and within pro-glacial fjords;
- Impact of ice shelves on the global ocean;
- Processes controlling the delivery of ocean heat to glaciated coastlines;
- Climate records from on or near current or former ice shelves;
- Iceberg calving, drift, melting, and decay.